Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ibapah


Our main event as Wendover nurses was putting on a health fair for the elementary school kids at the Ibapah Indian Reservation. The school has 19 kids and two classrooms, K-3 and 4-6. I was in charge of the games and made a huge food pyramid dartboard covered in tiny balloons with questions inside. answer the nutrition question right and win a healthy snack prize! Yay! I tried to make them easy questions like, "do you know what happens when you eat too much?" And "True or False: rollerblading is a good way to get exercise." They had fun... I think.


We were also able to hook them up with BYUSA shirts, which i do know that they liked. The reservation is for the Goshute Indian tribe, but there's also some poor white kids and a huge polygamist group; they, however, are home-schooled. But we wanted to encourage higher education and our friends over at BYUSA liked the idea, too.

1 comment:

  1. Great poster! I'm glad that you were able to do Wendover for your assignment. You have a great influence on others.

    ReplyDelete