So for the month of May I am spending Thursdays and Fridays in an exotic place known as Wendover. It is on I-80 on the border of Nevada and Utah and we are teaching public health classes at the elementary school and high school. But because school gets out at 3:10, that leaves us with some time on our hands to explore the casinos and the great deserts. (Okay, so we explore the buffets in the casino...)
So for the month of May I am spending Thursdays and Fridays in an exotic place known as Wendover. It is on I-80 on the border of Nevada and Utah and we are teaching public health classes at the elementary school and high school. But because school gets out at 3:10, that leaves us with some time on our hands to explore the casinos and the great deserts. (Okay, so we explore the buffets in the casino...) Our first adventure was out to a place called Danger Cave. We took all six of us in our 12-seater BYU van off-roading to get there and we made it to the cave only to find bars blocking the entrance. We tried to get in but were unsuccessful so instead we climbed all over the mountainside and tried not to fall off. (Success!) Turns out, too, that we hadn't even found Danger Cave but Jukebox Cave where once upon a time there were dances right in the cave. But we had fun! And afterwards we stuffed ourselves with some amazingly tasty and authentic Mexican food.
No comments:
Post a Comment